G.I.R.L. 2017 – the triennial Girl Scout National Convention – is a one-of-a-kind gathering of girls and women from around the world. Girl Scouts is taking the lead by working with high school girls across the nation to plan the multi-day event for all girls and those who care about them.
The event in Columbus, OH will bring together more than 10,000 people—Girl Scout members, supporters, speakers, entertainers, and exhibitors—to inspire girls to get active in their communities and build a better world.
G.I.R.L. 2017 will feature:
- Life-changing conversations about issues affecting girls, women, and all of us
- Inspiring speakers
- Chances to learn crucial lessons and skills to implement in girls’ communities
- Amazing friendships and connections that will last a lifetime
- Incredible fun and excitement!
Excited? We are!
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa council staff will be attending G.I.R.L 2017 and we want you to come along! Here are some ways you may choose to attend:
- Girls in Grades 6-12: Register for council sponsored trip! We’ll need a minimum of 10 girls and the registration deadline is May 31. For costs and details visit our website. Chaperones will be provided by the council.
- Families: A Girl Scout & her parent/guardian may opt to plan their own trip to G.I.R.L 2017. Cost of travel and expenses will be on your own. Register here for the event, and then let us know! We’ll send you information on our hotel block so you can stay with the group if you’d like to share hotel costs.* Feel free to book on your own as well. (This is a great option for girls who aren’t yet in Grade 6.)
- Volunteers and Adults Age 19 and Up: You can register to attend as well! Cost of travel and expenses will be on your own. Register here for the event, and then let us know! We’ll send you information on our hotel block so you can stay with the group if you’d like to share hotel costs.* Feel free to book on your own as well.
For family trips and adults attending on their own, please be aware that these are not an official Girl Scout trip; therefore you won’t be covered under Girl Scout insurance for your travel.
*All hotel rooms have 2 queen size beds will have a minimum of 2 people unless those traveling together would like to share a bed. We will be staying at the DoubleTree Hotel in Columbus, OH. Cost is approximately $87-90 per person/bed.
We hope we’ll see you there!