Need a refresher from last month? Check out the April Checklist!
Need to download a copy of the May Checklist? Click here!
- May 1: Summer of Service begins!
- May 1 – 7: Screen Free Week (check out our Program Kit!)
- May 4: Summer of Service Virtual Roundtable (12:00 – 1:00 p.m.)
- May 11: Summer of Service Virtual Roundtable (6:30 – 7:30 p.m.)
- May 16: Cadette/Senior/Ambassador Leader Virtual Roundtable (6:00 – 7:00 p.m.)
- May 25: Cadette/Senior/Ambassador Leader Virtual Roundtable (12:00 – 1:00 p.m.)
Upcoming – For Girls, Troops, and Families
Troops and Girl Scout families can view and register for events around the council from the Events Calendar on our website. You can also find program kits and field trips online!
Be sure to check out upcoming programs near you:
- Living Like a Pioneer
- NEW for Brownies/Juniors! Ever wondered what it would be to live like a pioneer? Join us in our very first overnight at Living History Farms, Living Like a Pioneer (June 2 – 3)!
- Journey in a Day
- Need some fun ideas to help girls complete their Journey books? Sign them up for Journey In A Day events in Des Moines, Mason City, or Sioux City during June and July! Check out the Event List for more details. We will be working on the following journeys:
- G.I.R.L. 2017 – National Convention
- Attention all Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors! Join your Girl Scout sisters from Iowa and across the nation to participate in the triennial Girl Scouts National Convention in Columbus, Ohio this October. Check out our Girl Scout Travel page for more info!
- Summer Camp Registration is Open!
- Now that Cookie Dough has been sent, it’s the perfect time for families to register their Girl Scout for their best summer ever at camp!
It’s Early Bird Renewal time! With new incentives – from a free exclusive event and patches, to “discounts” on adult registrations and a service unit reward – Early Bird Renewal is more exciting than ever! Renew your troop before June 30 for an awesome head start on the 2017-18 year. Learn more at gsgibridge.com/earlybird.
Circle of Success – Save the Dates
Circle of Success events across the council are great opportunities to kick start the excitement for the new Girl Scout year, connect with other volunteers in your region, and share best practices & resources in the Girl Scout movement. Save the date for the event near you, and keep an eye on The Bridge and our Event List for more info:
Summer of Service
Let’s show the world how much Girl Scouts can do this summer! If you help us reach our goal of 2017 hours of service, everyone who participates will receive a Summer of Service t-shirt. Give at least 10 hours as a troop, and you’ll earn a patch! Find out more at girlscoutsiowa.org/summerofservice.
Virtual Roundtables in May
We have some awesome virtual roundtables coming up in May for our volunteers! We’re holding two sessions about Summer of Service and two sessions especially for Cadette/Senior/Ambassador troop leaders. We hope you’ll join us for these opportunities to share ideas – check out the Event List for more info!
Troop Finance Reports
Don’t forget, Troop Finance Reports are due June 30! We’ve simplified the form to make it easy for you to complete. And remember, the $5 adult membership discount for Early Bird will only take effect once your Troop Finance Report is complete! Head to girlscoutsiowa.org/troopfinance to fill out your troop’s report.
Screen-Free Week Program Kit
Your Girl Scout Shop
Starter Kits are Back!
Visit any of our council shops for our build-it-yourself Starter Kits – perfect for new Girl Scouts and bridging members! When you spend at least $30 on essential items (qualifying uniform, insignia, and books) for one grade-level kit, your Girl Scout will receive a FREE BAG. [This is an in-store offer; similar promotions can be found on the online shop, but details vary.]
Cookie Dough Can Be Used at the Camp Trading Posts!
Did you know that families can use Cookie Dough and Munch Money at the Trading Post at camp? From blankets and shirts, to bandanas and bracelets, girls can snag a keepsake to remember their summer.
Girl Scout Q&A
Q: When will cookie recognition items be in?
A: Cookie recognition items will be sent to each Service Unit Product Chair (SUPC), and should arrive in the beginning of May. SUPCs will separate orders and get them to troops. We appreciate your patience as we anxiously wait for items to arrive so the girls can enjoy the recognitions they worked so hard for!
Q: What if one of my troop families says they didn’t receive their Girl Scout’s Cookie Dough information?
A: When checking your e-mail for the message with Cookie Dough information, be sure to have families check their inbox as well as junk, promotional, social, and spam folders. If after checking they still don’t find the e-mail, please have them send a message to email@example.com and a member of our Customer Care team would be happy to help. Be sure to check out the Cookie Dough, Munch Money, & Program Credit Policy Guide, which can be found in the Forms section of our website, to see how Cookie Dough can be utilized this year!