Need a refresher from last month? Check out the January Checklist.
Need to download a copy of the February Checklist? Click here!
- February 1: The 2017 Cookie Program Begins! Order-Taking starts now.
- February 8: Live announcement of Winter Membership Drive winners on Facebook at approx. 11am
- February 10: Booth sales start for the Cookie Program.
- February 27: Registration deadline for Girl Scout Day at the Capitol.
Upcoming – For Girls, Troops, and Families
Troops and Girl Scout families can view and register for events around the council from the Events Calendar on our website. You can also find program kits and field trips online!
Be sure to check out upcoming programs near you:
- Girl Scout Day at the Capitol – Get a behind-the-scenes look at how our state government works on Monday, March 13! (Registration Deadline: 2/27/17)
- FIRST LEGO League (Jr. FLL) (ages 6 – 10) – Let her inner innovator shine! Jr. FLL features a real-world challenge to be solved by research, critical thinking, construction, teamwork, and imagination. Teams use LEGO® bricks to build a model with a motorized part and develop a coordinating poster to illustrate their journey. We still have the opportunity to sponsor a few more teams for the 2016-2017 season. Email email@example.com to learn more!
Girl Scout Week Program Kit
- Girl Scout Week, celebrated March 12 – 18 this year, is fast approaching! To make it easier to plan your festivities in honor of Girl Scouts’ 105th birthday, we’ve put together a Program Kit (also featured in the program/camp book)! Check out the kit (and lots more) on our website.
Last Chance to Nominate Amazing Volunteers!
- Time is running out to nominate amazing volunteers for well-deserved awards! Learn more about the awards and submit your nominations on The Bridge before the February 17 deadline.
The Volunteer Toolkit – What GSGI Volunteers Think!
- The Volunteer Toolkit (VTK) is a tool, accessible through the MyGS login on our homepage, that allows volunteers to plan your year, customize meetings, communicate with families, and so much more! The volunteers of Troop 00980, who are navigating their first year as leaders, have this to say about the VTK:
“Having no knowledge of what should/should not happen in meetings, this has served to give ideas and direction for our meetings. It’s easy to go in, see what is there, and change what we want without having to start from scratch. Having the resources, printouts, etc. right there without having to search is great too. It’s a customizable road map which is especially nice since we are a new troop with new leaders.”
Circle of Excellence
- Registration is opening soon for our big Circle of Excellence celebration on April 22 in Ames! Dr. Nancy Franz will be our keynote speaker, and the event will be FREE for all current Girl Scout members (girls and adults) – please note that registration is still required once it has opened. Check out more information on our website.
Building Girl Scouts
Winners Announced Live – Winter Membership Drive
- On February 8 at 11:00 a.m., we’ll draw the winners of our Winter Membership Drive contest gift cards, live on our Facebook page!
Your Girl Scout Shop
Your Cookie Booth Gear!
- We’ve got yard signs, car magnets, balloons, tablecloths, and more in the council shops to help your troop bling their booth! Stop by today.
- Special “cookie carts” will be available in shops in early February. Limited quantities available – stop by as soon as you can in February!
National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend Patch
- Is your troop or service unit doing something special to celebrate National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend (February 24-26)? Bring in a photo of your festivities (on your phone is fine) to any GSGI shop from February 27 – March 5 and you’ll receive a free National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend patch for all participating girls!
Girl Scout Q&A
Q: Why does (Girl Scout name) have an asterisk next to her name in SNAP+?
A: Girls with asterisks next to their names have a financial restriction with the council. Please note that these girls may participate in the Cookie Program through booth sales, and by accessing COCOdirect to send e-mails to family and friends to purchase cookies. However, they are not able to handle product or money directly. You may Transfer cookies to these girls as long as they are for booth sales and not direct sales.
Q: I have a girl showing in SNAP+ who is not selling cookies with my troop. Can she be removed?
A: Girls who are active members of the troop but are not participating in the Cookie Program can remain listed in SNAP+. Girls without any cookies transferred to them in SNAP+ will not impact your troop’s PGA or incentives earned. If a girl is no longer actively involved with your troop and is not supposed to appear on your MyGS Troop Roster, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be sure to place her appropriately.
Q: Where can I access helpful information for the Cookie Program?
A: Be sure that you’re subscribed to our Shout Out! Newsletters – you can find a list of links to previous Shout Outs! and a link to the subscription form on the Bridge. You can also find a complete roundup of resources at gsgibridge.com/cookieprogram.