*This post is part of our new “onboarding” section for brand new Girl Scout volunteers! If you’re a current volunteer, you can still feel free to browse for a refresher.
We are so excited to offer online training opportunities for volunteers! Here’s why you should be excited too:
- Do it on your time! Whether you have free time at night or early in the morning, these new trainings will be accessible 24/7.
- Train in easily-digestible pieces! You don’t have to do any of the trainings in one sitting. Have 20 minutes free each evening? No problem! You can stop and start your course wherever you would like.
- Review information whenever you want! After you finish the course, you can return to review information weeks or months later for a quick refresher.
- Train from home. Now there’s no need to go out after relaxing at home. You can’t beat training while rocking some cozy pajamas!
Excited and ready to get started?
Here’s how you can create an account in the Volunteer Learning Portal and enroll in a course!
1. Go to training.girlscoutsiowa.org. On the left-hand side of the screen, click “Create New Account.”
2. Complete the information as listed. Please use the same e-mail address which you used to register your membership for Girl Scouts.
3. Check your e-mail account for an e-mail titled “Girl Scouts Iowa Virtual Troop: account confirmation” from Admin User (firstname.lastname@example.org). Click the link in the e-mail to confirm your new account!
4. Click the title of the course you wish to take.
5. Click the “Enroll me” button on the bottom of the page.
You’re all set! View the training in chunks as it fits your schedule, and as always – email us at email@example.com or give us a call at 800-342-8389 if you have any questions.