We’re doing a “cool” winter membership promotion here at GSGI! Will you help us spread even more Girl Scout cheer this holiday season (and enter to win prizes in the process)?
For every girl and adult volunteer you add to your troop between December 1 and January 31, you’ll earn an entry into a drawing for one of five $50 gift cards!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How can I open my troop up for additional spots on the Opportunity Catalog?
You can open up more spots in your troop by filling out the Troop Catalog Update Form on our website.
- How can I promote the openings in my troop within my community?
If you’d like flyers to post around town or send out through the schools, you can request them on our website through the Recruitment Flyer Request Form.
- When will the winners be announced?
We’ll do the drawings LIVE on Facebook after the promotion is over! The date is TBD, but keep an eye out for more information.
- Do I need to do anything once the new girls/adults have registered? Or will you pull that information for me?
You don’t need to do anything! We’ll pull a report at the end of the winter membership drive that will tell us how many new girls and adult volunteers you added to your troop between December 1 and January 31.
- Is there a maximum number of girls/adults we can add to our troop?
As long as you’re within the ratio of girls to adults outlined in Volunteer Essentials, the sky is the limit!
- Are there any limitations on where we can choose the gift card to be from?
The gift card should be used for troop supplies, outings, celebrations, etc. Therefore, it is limited to those establishments and companies that are appropriate for girls and families.
- What if a girl or adult registers before January 31, but is still waiting to hear back about financial aid after the deadline?
They will qualify! We won’t keep a new girl or adult from counting if you’re waiting on us!
- What if I added new girls/adults earlier this fall?
Thank you for sharing the Girl Scout experience with new girls and/or adults! The dates for this campaign are December 1 through January 31, so any girl or adult with a new membership dated within that time frame qualify.
P.S. – Do you know about the Volunteer Invite-a-Friend initiative? You can find out more on the Bridge. For each friend you invite to start a NEW Daisy, Brownie or Junior troop, you receive $50 to spend in the online Girl Scout Official Store and your friend receives $50 in new troop resources!
Want to participate? We’re here for you. Email us at email@example.com!