Need a refresher from last month? Check out the September Checklist.
Need to download and print a copy of the October Checklist? Click here!
- October 1 – 21: 2016 Fall Product Program
- October 7 – 9: Annual Fall Leader Retreat
- October 31 – Juliette Gordon Low’s Birthday!
- Submit your Troop Catalog Update Form to update the number of openings in your troop, meeting information, and other helpful info!
- Submit your Volunteer Agreement – Troop Leaders, Troop Product Managers, Service Unit Managers, and Service Unit Product Chairs.
- ICYMI (In case you missed it): Check out our Meet Your Teams post to see names and faces of your support teams at Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa!
Upcoming – for Girls, Troops, and Families
- Circle of Excellence:
- Each spring, Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa celebrates our volunteers at the annual Circle of Excellence event. We want to make the next event epic, and we need your input. Please take our survey to tell us what you think would make a great event! This survey is open to both volunteers and families.
- Fall/Winter Events:
- Troops and Girl Scout families can view and register for events around the council from the Events Calendar on our website. You can also find program kits and field trips online!
- Don’t miss out on these two new programs – each with a special patch and bag included:
- October 14: Science Explorers – An evening of side-by-side learning at the Science Center of Iowa for both girls and adults led by STEM experts.
- October 29: Incredible Women in Science – Take a tour through the DuPont Innovation Center and enjoy a series of hands-on experiments with women scientists at DuPont Pioneer.
- Program Aide Training:
- Do you have Cadettes who would like to share their knowledge and develop leadership skills? Encourage them to sign up for the next Program Aide Training in Council Bluffs on October 8.
- Fall Product Program:
- The 2016 Fall Product Program runs from October 1 – 21. Join us for the first ever Fall Product Program Kick-Off on October 1!
- Juliette Product Program Participation:
- Does your Juliette want to sell Fall Product? Let us know by filling out the Juliette Parent/Guardian Agreement Form. (Juliettes are individually registered Girl Scouts, an option for girls who choose not to join a troop or cannot find a troop that works with their schedule/location.)
- Summer of Service Wrap-up:
- Troops and girls that completed a Take Action project or helped in your community this summer, please complete the Summer of Service Form by November 1. We want to hear how girls are making a difference!
- Fall Leader Retreat:
- Register for the annual Fall Leader Retreat by October 2. Get all of your trainings done, network with other volunteers, and have a blast at Camp Sacajawea October 7-9!
- First Aid/CPR:
- Virtual Roundtables:
- Our virtual Roundtables are held each month by conference call. Register for the date and time that works for you, and call in from work or home to chat with other leaders about ideas and best practices!
- Volunteer Agreements:
- If you are a Troop Leader, Troop Product Manager, Service Unit Manager, or Service Unit Product Chair, be sure to submit your Volunteer Agreement Form. Product volunteers, once your agreement is complete, you’ll receive an email with your login for Nut-E, so you can manage your troop or service unit’s Fall Product Program!
- Troop Catalog Update Form:
- Have you completed a Troop Catalog Update Form, showing your troop’s meeting information for the year? We’d also love to know if you’ve got room for a few new members! Girls are waiting, all across the council.
- Troop Finances:
- Planning Your Parent Meeting:
- Need help planning for your first troop or parent meeting? Here’s a few tips!