Need a refresher from last month? Check out the August Checklist.
Need to download and print a copy of the September Checklist? Click here!
- The Girl Scout year begins October 1 – have you and all troop members renewed your membership for 2016-17?
- Be sure to opt into your volunteer roles by completing your volunteer agreements! Click here for the links to fill out agreements Troop Leader, Troop Product Manager, Service Unit Manager, and Service Unit Product Chair.
- Update your troop’s meeting information and open spots by submitting the Troop Catalog Update Form.
- Remind girls and parents that Cookie Dough, Munch Money, and Juliette Program Credits from the 2015-2016 year expire on September 15, 2016.
- Submit your Summer of Service project by September 30.
- Submit your annual Troop/Service Unit Finance Report if you haven’t already (PAST DUE).
- Plan and host back-to-school registration nights for girls in your community.
- Is your troop bridging to a new level? Remember to take Leading Your Level for the new year!
Upcoming – for Girls, Troops, and Families
- Your troop can still make a difference in your community through the Summer of Service! Submit your project details by September 30.
- View Events on our website to find tons of upcoming activities for Girl Scouts. You’ll find events for all ages, plus special discounts, and options for the whole family. Click an event from the list or calendar to find the green Register Now button. Register before September 15 to use Cookie Dough, Munch Money, or Juliette Credits from the 2015-16 year.
- Psst…Keep an eye on your mailbox – members will be receiving the Fall Program Guide in the coming weeks!
- Don’t miss out on these exciting programs:
- September 17 – Tour De Lake – this bicycle cruise around Clear Lake is open to Girl Scouts, families, and the general public
- September 24 – Gimme S’More Mud Run – take a challenge of our second annual muddy obstacle course at Camp Sacajawea. Open to Girl Scouts, families, and the general public.
- November 25 – Disney on Ice – girls of all ages are invited to join us at Wells Fargo Arena for dinner and a show!
- All girls have the opportunity to develop skills and earn rewards through the Fall Product Program from October 1 – 21. The Fall Product Program gives girls and troops the opportunity to sell magazine subscriptions and very popular nuts and candy in order to earn funds to help their troop kick off their year. This friends and family sale is conducted both face-to-face and online.
- Fall Product Program: Whether your troop has been rocking the Fall Product Program for years, or if you’re just getting started, we’ve got resources lined up to help you kick-off the year! Remember, each service unit will receive $10 per troop that participates in the Fall Product Program, and will receive an additional $10 if at least 1 Juliette Girl Scout participates!
- Permission Forms
- Have parents fill out the Product Program Permission Form for each girl in your troop (one form covers both the Fall Product Program and the Cookie Program). Forms will remain with the troop, and need only be turned into the council in the event of a shortage
- Leader Agreements
- Sign your volunteer agreement for each of your volunteer roles!
- Training Opportunities: Share ideas, get your questions answered, and meet your Girl Scout volunteer sisters by participating in these training opportunities for volunteers!
- Don’t miss the Annual Fall Leader Retreat at Camp Sacajawea, October 7-9. Details coming soon!
- Are you a new leader, or do you have new leaders joining your team? Register to take New Leader Orientation before working with girls.
- On your own time: Complete your online training, including Managing Troops & Groups and Leading Your Level.
- Our virtual Roundtables are held each month by conference call. Register for the date and time that works for you.
- Mark your calendar for our Circle of Creativity events, coming this fall! Circles are your opportunity to connect with other volunteers and GSGI staff to share ideas and learn from one another. All events run from 6:30-8:30 p.m., with networking time from 6 – 6:30.
Girl Scout Q&A
What is the Opportunity Catalog?
- The Opportunity Catalog, or Troop Catalog, is our online listing of available troops and volunteer positions open across the council. Each year, thousands of new girls join Girl Scouting, and we want to welcome every girl with open arms!
- To update your troop’s information, please fill out the Troop Catalog Update Form with your troop’s meeting details and number of available spots. Leaders can also fill out this information through MyGS, on the “troop” tab.
- Every time a new girl signs up for your troop, leaders will receive an email notification so that you can reach out to your new members.