Need a refresher from last month? Check out the July Checklist.
Need to download and print a copy of the August Checklist? Click here!
–Remember, the Girl Scout year begins October 1 – be sure to renew your membership for 2016-17! Volunteers due for a new background check will receive an e-mail reminder with directions.–
Psst…Girls’ Cookie Dough, Munch Money, and Juliette Program Credits from the 2015-2016 year expire on September 15.
Summer of Service
Fall Product Program
Each year, troops and individual Girl Scouts are invited to participate in the Fall Product Program. This program gives Girl Scouts the opportunity to sell nuts, candy, and magazines to friends & family, to earn funds to customize their program! Your troop earns proceeds you can use to get the year started, and girls can earn individual Munch Money to use for programs, camp, items in the shop, and more.
- Mark your calendars: Service Unit Product Chair (SUPC) training will be held on August 24. Register now! Details on troop training coming soon.
- This year’s Fall Product Program will run from October 1 – 21, 2016.
- BREAKING NEWS…. Each service unit will receive $10 per troop that participates in the Fall Product Program, and will receive an additional $10 if at least 1 Juliette Girl Scout participates.
Check out these upcoming activities for Girl Scouts! Psst…girls can use their Cookie Dough and other program credits to sign up for future activities that occur past September 15, as long as registration is submitted before September 15, 2016.
- September 17: Tour De Lake – this bicycle cruise around Clear Lake is open to Girl Scouts, families, and the general public
- September 24: Gimme S’More Mud Run – Take a challenge of our second annual muddy obstacle course at Camp Sacajawea. Open to Girl Scouts, families, and the general public.
- Find more events, plus program kits and field trips on our website.
- Looking for fun outdoor activities to kick off your troop meetings? Download the new Art in the Outdoor badge sets for 99 cents each!
Just for Volunteers:
- August 12-13: Grab some friends and head to Throwback Camp at Camp Sacajawea or Camp Tanglefoot – this event is just for women ages 21 and up. Register by August 8.
- October 7-9: Annual Fall Leader Retreat at Camp Sacajawea. Details coming soon!
- On your own time: Complete your online training, including Managing Troops & Groups and Leading Your Level.
- Are you a new leader, or do you have new leaders joining your team? Register to take New Leader Orientation before working with girls.
- Mark your calendar for our Circle of Creativity events, coming this fall! Circles are your opportunity to connect with other volunteers and GSGI staff to share ideas and learn from one another.
Gearing Up for Back-to-Troop
The beginning of the school year is one of the busiest times for Girl Scouts, with new members getting started, planning meetings for the year, and the Fall Product Program where troops can earn funds to get the year started! Here are a few tips to start your year smoothly:
- Beat the rush by making sure your troop members are renewed for the 2016-17 year, and helping new girls and adults in your community get signed up! Leaders can renew girls AND add new girls through one easy online system – MyGS.
- Has your service unit talked about a goal for girl and adult members? In order to help keep Girl Scouting available for all girls, please consider how your service unit can grow this year.
- Plan and host back-to-school registration nights for girls in your community.
- Service unit teams, identify your Service Unit Fall Product Chair (SUPC), so we can help get those volunteers trained and ready!
- Submit your Summer of Service project by September 30.
- Submit your annual Troop/Service Unit Finance Report (PAST DUE)
- Complete membership registrations for the 2016-17 year. Leaders and parents both have access to MyGS where you can register and pay the $15 membership dues by credit or debit card through our secure system.
- Is your troop bridging to a new level? Remember to take Leading Your Level for the new program level.