Need a refresher from last month? Check out the May Checklist.
Need to download and print a copy of the June Checklist? Click here!
Early Bird Renewal
- It’s not too late to renew your troop and complete the Early Bird checklist for 2016-2017 Girl Scout year!
- Participating leaders earn an adorable hedgehog t-shirt and all girls will receive a fun patch.
- Check out the easy troop renewal steps in our Early Bird Guide on The Bridge!
Troop/SU Finance Reports
- The Troop/Service Unit Finance Report, submitted along with a copy of your most recent bank statement, is required for all troops and service units, with a deadline of June 30.
- Gather the following to get started:
- Troop or Service Unit Bank Statement.
- Last year’s finance report with beginning balance July 1, 2015 (if applicable).
- Receipts & check book ledger.
- Details on any troop income, including troop dues, membership fees, donations, or money earning projects.
- Product Program information:
- Troop’s total funds collected during Fall Product Program – available from NutE T2 report.
- Troop’s total amount withdrawn for Fall Product Program – by ACH sweeps.
- Troop’s total funds collected during Cookie program – available from SNAP Troop Balance Summary.
- Troop’s total amount withdrawn for Cookie program – by ACH sweeps
- Details on any girl shortages from product program.
- Hint: you cannot save the online form and go back to it, so be sure to maintain a copy of all your information, in case you have any technical issues with the online form.
Summer of Service
The Girl Scout fun does not have to stop over the summer! Summer of Service is an initiative to encourage and recognize community service hours completed by Greater Iowa Girl Scouts.
Any projects completed June 1 – September 30, 2016 count toward Summer of Service — check out this Bridge post for more details.
- For even more Girl Scout fun this summer, please remind your troop families about summer camp opportunities!
- To view camp offerings, visit our online Events Calendar or Event List.
- Hint: from the calendar, click on the event once to see a snapshot, and then click the event title to open the event page. Every event page has a green “Register Now” button that directs you to the registration system
- Girls can use their Cookie Dough, Munch Money, and Juliette Program Credits for summer camp and other programs — it’s a great way to use these funds before they expire September 15, 2016!
- Families new to Girl Scout camp may have lots of questions! All of the information on camps can be found here, and we’re happy to answer questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall Volunteer Retreat Save-the-Date
Mark your calendars! This year’s fall volunteer retreat dates have been finalized. Keep an eye out for more information on the training sessions you can take at this special weekend at camp with your fellow volunteers!
Details: October 7-9, 2016 at Camp Sacajawea near Boone, Iowa.
Where To Find the Information You Need
Once of the primary questions we receive from leaders, new and experienced, is “How do I find out the information that I need to know about Girl Scouts?” Here’s a list of ways to get caught up on the latest communications from GSGI:
- Subscribe to The Bridge (go to gsgibridge.com) and click “Follow” to receive every new Bridge post in your email inbox.
- Head to the Volunteer Learning Portal to catch up on the online training options. We recommend these great (and convenient) trainings for new and returning leaders
- Find the Circle of Success happening near you in July or August – more details to come soon! These sessions will be held across the council to help you jump-start the membership year and connect with other Girl Scout leaders.
- Complete the Early Bird Checklist, including your Troop/Service Unit Finance Report by June 30.
- Planning a troop trip or outing this summer? Be sure to check out our handy planning guide.
- Remind parents that Cookie Dough, Munch Money, and Juliette Program Credits expire September 15!
- Submit your Summer of Service project by September 30.