Need a refresher from last month? Check out the April Checklist.
Need to download and print a copy of the May Checklist? Click here!!
Early Bird Registration
As a Girl Scout troop leader, you’ve already seen firsthand how Girl Scouting can change girls’ lives and brighten your whole community. Sign your troop up early (by June 30) for another fun and rewarding year, and you’ll all earn special incentives along the way – why wait?
Here’s how to get started:
- View all the Early Bird details here – including how you can earn a hedgehog t-shirt!
- Log into MyGS!
- View your troop members in the “Troops” tab – you can even print that page if you want a roster on-hand.
- Select “Renew” for renewing members, and “I’ll Decide Later” for anyone not sure about next year.
- Pay for memberships online with a debit or credit card.
- Update your troop meeting and location information right in MyGS!
- You’re all set for another year of helping girls dream big, try new things, and grow into the leaders of tomorrow!
Troop/Service Unit Finance Report
Girl Scout councils are required by Girl Scouts of the USA and the Internal Revenue Service to make sure that proper records of funds are kept on file. To help keep these records complete and accurate, troops and service units need to fill out a Troop/SU Finance Report each year.
This required form is due by June 30, 2016. Failure to do so may result in a financial restriction on leadership roles by volunteers. Please note: you must submit a copy of your most recent bank statement with the form.
Thank you for helping us maintain proper records of Girl Scout finances!
Girl Scout Cookie Program
Congratulations on another great Girl Scout Cookie Program! You support the budding entrepreneurs who will run tomorrow’s board rooms, and take on business challenges head on. Here are a few notes to wrap-up the program:
- Recognition items will be directly shipped to Service Unit Product Chairs in May.
- For girls who earned technology items, council staff will directly notify the family to arrange pickup/delivery.
- Cookie Dough numbers have been emailed directly to parents (those without emails on file will be mailed a hard copy).
- Cookie Dough expires on September 15, 2016! Be sure to let parents know how their Girl Scout can spend her Cookie Dough.
It’s Time To Start Thinking Summer Camp!
Have your girls claimed a spot at summer camp yet? Encouraging new Girl Scout families to come to the camp open houses at each of our four camp properties is a great way to show them how awesome camp can be – plus, these events are free and open to the whole family!
- Camp Joy Hollow – near Westfield – Sunday, June 12, 1-3 p.m.
- Camp Sacajawea – near Boone – Sunday, June 12, 1-3 p.m.
- Camp Tanglefoot – Clear Lake – Sunday, June 12, 1-3 p.m.
- Camp Juliette – Marshalltown – Saturday, June 18, 1-3 p.m.
Camp for adults? Sign us up!
- We’re offering Throwback Camp sessions for women 21+ Friday – Saturday, August 12-13. Unplug and relax; make new friends, and be a camper.
- Sessions will be held at Camp Sacajawea and Camp Tanglefoot.
- Want to get outside and help Girl Scouts have a blast this summer? Volunteers are needed for day camps at Camp Joy Hollow & Camp Juliette – please contact us at email@example.com you are interested!
- If your troop is bridging to the next level, check out the convenient online Leading Your Level session for the new program level — online trainings match your schedule, and can be done in pieces over time!
- Whether you are helping a new leader in your area, are still learning the ropes as a leader, or a veteran Girl Scout, check out this handy New Leader Checklist, designed to get troops up and running
- Complete the Early Bird Checklist by June 30.
- Submit required Troop/SU Finance Report by June 30.
- Update your Troop meeting information for next year, by completing the Troop Catalog Update Form, or entering information right in MyGS.
- Looking for summer activities for your troop? Check out the Field Trip options here!
- Planning a troop trip? Follow the steps on the Event/Activity/Trip Checklist.
- Submit a valid email address (not the leader’s address) for each troop member. Parents can update email addresses through MyGS, or contact us to provide new contact information.