Did you know that all four of GSGI’s camp properties are available for rent when summer camp isn’t in session? From troop and service unit camps, to weddings, to family reunions — the sky is the limit for the adventures girls AND adults can have at our camps! Not only that, but we’ve made the registration process easier with online reservations.
What camp properties are available?
We have four camp properties located across the council:
- Camp Sacajawea near Boone
- Camp Tanglefoot in Clear Lake
- Camp Joy Hollow near Westfield
- Camp Juliette in Marshalltown
Each of these camps has something unique to offer, from the lake at Camp Tanglefoot, to hiking in the Loess Hills at Camp Joy Hollow. You can find more info on each camp on our website.
How do I reserve a camp (or a specific building or two at camp)?
- Visit our Camp Rentals page and check out the rental guides for the camp you’re interested in — just click on the camp name and you’ll be taken to a document with more information on the available facilities and pricing.
- After you have an idea of what facilities you’d like to rent, head back to the Camp Rentals page and click “Book Now!” next to the camp property you would like to rent. Then, select whether you’d like to rent camp for day use or overnight use.
- Choose which building you are interested in renting (or select “Entire Camp” if you want to rent the entire camp facility)!
- Use the arrows along the top of the calendar to find available dates (which are in grey), and select your arrival and departure dates (if staying overnight).
- Click on the “RESERVE” button that appears after you’ve selected your dates, and then click “Check Out,” which appears to the right of the calendar.
- Our online checkout system will walk you through check-out based on your group’s pricing (Girl Scout groups get a discount compared to outside groups)!
- You’re all set! Get ready to enjoy the beauty of camp.
Whether you’re coming out for the fresh-fallen snow, early birds of spring, or crisp fall air, our four beautiful camp properties offer year-round opportunities for fun and adventure for Girl Scouts and the community.
Have any questions about camp facility rentals? Give us a call at 800-342-8389 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!