Need a refresher from last month? Check out the March Checklist, which features an awesome winter membership incentive.
Need a printable version of the April Checklist? Download one April 2016 Checklist!
- April 5: Annual Meeting of the Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa (by conference call). If you, or a girl in your troop/service unit age 14 or older, would like to represent your service unit contact us at email@example.com.
- April 12: 100th Anniversary Celebration for the Girl Scout Gold Award – Des Moines
Awesome Training Opportunities
- April 2: STEM training for Girl Scout volunteers hosted by the Science Center of Iowa – Des Moines
- April 9: First Aid/CPR Training – West Des Moines
- April 23: First Aid/CPR Training – Mason City
- May 21-22: Lifeguard Certification – Camp Sacajawea, near Boone (adults and girls ages 16+)
Circle of Excellence
We come together during Circle of Excellence to recognize and celebrate our dedicated volunteers, graduating seniors, and girls who have earned their Bronze, Silver or Gold Awards.
- April 2: Sioux City Circle of Excellence (morning)
- April 2: Council Bluffs Circle of Excellence (afternoon)
- April 16: Mason City Circle of Excellence (morning)
- April 16: Fort Dodge Circle of Excellence (afternoon)
- April 23: Des Moines Circle of Excellence (morning)
- April 23: Oskaloosa Circle of Excellence (afternoon)
Virtual Volunteer Roundtables
These virtual roundtables give you the opportunity to learn and share ideas with volunteers across the council – all from the comfort of your home!
- April 5: Explore the Outdoors
- April 11: Explore the Outdoors
- April 21: Brownie Leader Roundtable
- April 26: Brownie Leader Roundtable
- April 9: Camp Cookout – Honey Creek
- April 23: Marshalltown Bike Ride
- April 30: Camp Tanglefoot Tent Set-Up Day
- May 14: Trail Building at Camp Sac
Cookie Program Wrap-up
Thank you for all of your hard work to help girls dream big, set goals, and learn essential business skills! The 2016 Cookie Program was a great one — here are a few last things to help you wrap up the program.
- April 3 – Girl Shortage Forms must be submitted by 5 p.m. if needed.
- April 5 – Final ACH sweep of balance due for cookies. Troop proceeds are left in troop account.
- Late April – Recognitions
- Leaders will receive recognition items from your Service Unit Product Chair (SUPC). Always get a receipt and keep a copy. Report missing or damaged items to your SUPC.
- Recognitions for girls with an outstanding balance or a missing Product Program Permission Form should be sent back to a council leadership center.
- Arrangements for girls who earned technology items to receive those items will be made directly with a council leadership center.
- Cookie Dough will be sent directly to girls with family email addresses on file. Those without will have a hard copy mailed to them. Please call or email us to update email addresses and other contact details.
Camp & Summer Activities
Have you talked to the girls in your troop about summer camp? Girl Scout summer camp is full of friendship, activities, and adventures!
Spotlight on: Camp Joy Hollow
- Day Camps: June 13-15 & July 6-8
- Resident Camp: July 10-12
- South Dakota Adventure trip: July 14-19
Volunteers are needed for all of these events – please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested!
Spotlight on: Camp Juliette
We are offering day camps at Camp Juliette in Marshalltown this summer!
- Day camps: June 20-22 & July 23-25
Volunteers are needed for these events – please contact us at email@example.com if you are interested!
- If your school has a Kindergarten Round-Up that we can be part of, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the date, time and school. We’d love to get girls excited about becoming Daisy Girl Scouts!
- Plan to celebrate with your troop or service unit! Check out the Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting for Bridging requirements. Search online for ideas on holding your Court of Awards ceremony for girls and their families.
- Stay tuned! We have fun plans in store for the summer with a Summer of Service project for troops to put Girl Scout values into action in your local community.