Need a refresher from last month? Check out the February Checklist, which features an awesome winter membership incentive.
Need a printable version of the March Checklist? Download one here!
Nominate an Amazing Volunteer
- We need YOUR help to recognize the wonderful things volunteers are doing across the council.
- Check out the Volunteer Award descriptions to find which award best fits your nominee – if you’re not sure, the award committee will help decide.
- Gather any materials required for the nomination (including recommendation letters).
- Fill out the Volunteer Award Nomination Form online by February 29, 2016!
- You will not want to miss your chance to attend a special STEM training for Girl Scout volunteers hosted by the Science Center of Iowa for only $5!
- Limited spots are available. Register online:
Girl Scout Week
- Girl Scout Week is celebrated each March, starting with Girl Scout Sunday and ending with Girl Scout Sabbath on a Saturday, and it always includes Girl Scouts’ Birthday, March 12.
- Celebrate Girl Scout Week on March 6-12, 2016.
- We’d love to see how you’re celebrating Girl Scout Week – share with us on Facebook!
Girl Scout Cookie Program
- The Troop Product Manager Checklist is a great resource to help you finish up the program!
- March 1 – First ACH sweep of 40% of troop balance due. This includes Initial Order and any additional cookies received through February 19.
- March 3 & 4, March 10 & 11, and March 17 & 18 –
- Super Cupboards are open for Order Pickup from 8am – 6pm.
- Volunteer Cupboard days and hours vary.
- March 27 – Transfers & Troop Recognition Orders must be complete.
- April 3 – Girl Shortage Forms are due (if needed).
- New! Volunteer Roundtables are opportunities to learn and share ideas with volunteers across the council – all from the comfort of your home! Keep an eye on upcoming topics on the event list (Tip: Click “Advanced Search” and then “Adult Training” to easily find training and roundtable opportunities).
- Bridging: Join us at one of the following Volunteer Roundtables to learn more about bridging ceremonies, celebrating girls moving from one level of Girl Scouting to another:
- Daisy Age-Level: Attend one of these calls to talk specifically about Girl Scout Daisy troops (Grades K-1).
- If you would like to lead as a volunteer expert on one of our upcoming calls or suggest future topics, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join us for Girl Scout Day at the Capitol on March 15. Girls will enjoy a tour of the Capitol and our State Historical Building, learn from the experts about how an idea can become a law, learn how to be an active citizen, and get the chance to meet with representatives!
- Let girls and families know Summer Camp registration is open!
- If you’ve added two or more girls to your troop since January, email us at email@example.com, including the names of the girls who joined the troop, your preferred email and phone number, and the total number of “Bring A Friend” patches needed. Your Troop will be entered to win a spa party package!
- If you, or a girl in your troop/service unit age 14 or older, would like to represent your service unit in the Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa Annual Meeting on April 5 at 6:30 p.m. (by conference call), please let your Service Unit Manager know. If you don’t have a Service Unit Manager, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Delegate names are needed by March 5.
- Mark your calendar for Circle of Excellence events to celebrate another wonderful year in Girl Scouts:
- Sioux City (morning) and Council Bluffs (afternoon): April 2
- Mason City (morning) and Fort Dodge (afternoon): April 16
- Des Moines (morning) and Oskaloosa (afternoon): April 23