Need a refresher from last month? Check out the January Checklist, which features volunteer trainings and recognitions.
Need a printable version of the February Checklist? Download one here!
Winter Membership Campaign
- Troops are invited to share the fun by adding new girls to your troops this winter!
- If two or more girls are added to a troop anytime between now and March 7, ALL girls will receive a “Bring A Friend” fun patch!
- All troops that reach the goal of at least two NEWLY registered girls, will be placed in a drawing to win one of ten “New Friends to Best Friends Spa Parties.”
- To enter the drawing, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, including the names of the girls who joined the troop, your preferred email and phone number, and the total number of “Bring A Friend” patches needed.
SciGirls Training @ The Science Center of Iowa
- Check out these opportunities to attend SciGirls training with the Science Center of Iowa. You don’t have to be an expert to do fun and educational science activities! Limited spots are available – register online for the training that works for your schedule today:
2016 Cookie Program
- We’ve put all of the volunteer resources for the 2016 Cookie Program in one place! Check out Your 2016 Cookie Program Guide on The Bridge.
- Cookie Program Dates
- February 1 – March 13: Order-Taking
- February 12 – March 20: Direct Sales (Booth Sales & Cookies In-Hand)
- Cookie Cupboards
- Find the Super Cupboard, Cookie Jar or Rolling Cupboard location nearest you by checking out our Cupboard Listing in Snap+!
- Need help? Check out the Snap+ Guide: Cookie Cupboards and Cookie Jars.
- NEW THIS YEAR: All Super Cupboards are open until 6 p.m. to make pick-up more convenient for your schedule!
- Summer camp registration is open now. Encourage the girls in your troop to pick out their favorite sessions — this is a great way to set Cookie Program goals!
- Online registration is the best way to reserve a spot at camp, and it’s easy to do! Families can just go to girlscoutsiowa.org, click on the “Events” tab, find their perfect session, and click the “Register Now” link.
- Do parents have questions about paying for camp? Check out our handy Camp Registration info page for details on deposits, payment methods, and financial assistance!
Girl Scout Week
- Girl Scout Week is celebrated each March, starting with Girl Scout Sunday and ending with Girl Scout Sabbath on a Saturday, and it always includes Girl Scouts’ Birthday, March 12. Look for more details and materials to come!
- Submit a nomination for an exceptional Girl Scout volunteer by February 29 – visit girlscoutsiowa.org > Volunteer > Volunteer Resources > Volunteer Awards.
- Visit the Volunteer Learning Portal (visit girlscoutsiowa.org > Volunteer > Volunteer Training) to complete your training. To schedule an in-person training session in your service unit, please email your request to email@example.com call us at (800) 342-8389.
- Plan to celebrate World Thinking Day with your sister Girl Scouts on February 22.
- Mark your calendar to attend Girl Scout Day at the Capitol on March 15. Girls will enjoy a tour of the Capitol and our State Historical Building, learn from the experts about how an idea can become a law, learn how to be an active citizen, and get the chance to meet with representatives!