Need a refresher from last month? Check out the October Checklist, which includes tips on MyGS and the Volunteer Toolkit!
Need a printable version of the November Checklist? Download one here!
With our new online registration system and the Girl Scout Opportunity Catalog, a new Girl Scout can see what troops are available in her area. Not only that, but her family can see when those troops meet, and register immediately into an available opening!
We need your help to make the Opportunity Catalog a success!
- Talk about the Opportunity Catalog with other leaders – this system is a huge improvement over waiting to place girls in troops after their registration forms are entered and processed!
- Provide updated information for all troops in your service unit. Leaders can submit the Troop Catalog Update Form with details and the maximum number of spots available.
- If troop meeting places and times are still being established, that’s okay! We can put a nearby location and a note that times are subject to change. The more information available for new parents and families, the more girls have a chance to participate!
We believe that the Opportunity Catalog system will make it easier for troop and service unit volunteers to spend less time on paperwork, and more time having fun with girls!
The Bridge is a website specifically made for GSGI volunteers. We’ve listened to your feedback and created The Bridge as your one-stop volunteer site, where we will be posting several stories per month to help you have the best Girl Scout year ever!
Want to subscribe to receive posts in your email so you don’t miss out on information? Just click on “Follow” in the bottom right hand corner at gsgibridge.com!
Volunteer trainings are designed to give you helpful tools to make the most out of your volunteer experience! To make things more exciting, we’re in the process of moving some of our trainings online, so you can complete them from the comfort of your home. Check out a snapshot of the most essential trainings:
- New Leader Orientation – New leaders are invited to this training after completing their registration and background check. Contact us at (800) 342-8389 or email@example.com to schedule yours!
- Managing Troops and Groups – You can access this training, which gives you the basics of running your troop, anytime online. Find out more and access the training on our website!
- Leading Your Level – Online course coming soon! To schedule an in-person session in your service unit, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to attend SciGirls Training at the Science Center of Iowa on November 14. You don’t have to be an expert scientist to do fun and educational activities relating to STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) with your Girl Scouts. Join us for this great hands-on “SciGirls” training to learn how easy it can be! Limited spots available: register online now!
Finish Your Product Program Strong!
Fall Product Reminders
- Troop Final Report Envelopes (which include all of your troop’s Magazine Paper Forms and ReachOut Booklets) are due to your Service Unit Product Chair.
- Product delivery to service units: November 12-20
- The ACH Sweep will withdraw the amount due to the council on November 10 – make sure your bank account details are listed in Nut.E!
Plan Ahead for the Cookie Program
- Check out details about Service Unit or Troop Cookie Rallies on our website. A Cookie Rally allows girls to participate in activities that will help them become successful sellers during the Cookie Program each year!
- Register by November 30 for your samples and recognition items be sent to you by your rally date. Please note that patches and product samples will not be provided unless 3 or more troops participate together.
- Invite a friend to join Girl Scouts and you both win! When you invite a friend to start a new Girl Scout Troop, you’re giving even more girls the opportunity to be their best selves. Plus, if you invite them to start a troop this month you’ll both receive awesome rewards!
Find your friend and head over to www.girlscouts.org/inviteafriend to get started!
- Submit your 2015-2016 Volunteer Agreements.
- Plan meetings and events for the year – leaders can do this through the Volunteer Toolkit!
- Is your service unit or troop planning a fun event that you would like to invite all girls to attend? Submit the Event Listing form and your event can be listed on the online calendar and open for online registration. Girls will be able to use 2015 Munch Money and 2016 Cookie Dough for troop and service unit events that are open to members from across the council!
- Are there open volunteer positions in your service unit? Talk to your support teams about recruitment help!
- 2016 Destinations application materials are due on November 1! Refer to our Girl Scouts Destinations 2016 – Application Instructions for details.
- Check out the list of Field Trips you can do with your troop or service unit at your convenience!
- Service Unit Manager Training – Service Unit Managers, look for an email with details. Have you confirmed your position as Service Unit Manager?
- Cookie Trainings will be held in December. Keep an eye on the Shout Outs for more information!