Need a refresher from last month? Check out the March Checklist!
Need to download a copy of the April Checklist? Click here!
- April 4: Final auto-withdrawal for the 2017 Cookie Program takes place.
- April 11: Deadline to register for Circle of Excellence.
- Mid-April: Early Bird Renewal Kicks Off.
- April 21: Deadline to sign up for Junior FIRST LEGO League.
- April 22: Circle of Excellence.
- April 22-29: Money Smart Week.
- April 29: Tent Set-Up Day at Camp Tanglefoot.
Upcoming – For Girls, Troops, and Families
Troops and Girl Scout families can view and register for events around the council from the Events Calendar on our website. You can also find program kits and field trips online!
Be sure to check out upcoming programs near you:
- Money Smart Week: April 22 – 29
- Your favorite zoo events are on the calendar!
- Juliette Jamboree
- Spread the word to any Juliettes you know about our first-ever Juliette Jamboree (5/3). Open to grades K-12!
- FIRST LEGO Leagues
- Tent Set-Up day at Camp Tanglefoot: April 29 from 9:00 am – Noon
Outdoor Skills Videos
Here are some great outdoor skills videos to help your troop get ready to go outdoors this spring!
- Step-by-Step – Developing Outdoor Skills in Girls
- Introduction to Cooking Outdoors
- Introduction to Campsite Set-up
- How to Leave No Trace Outdoors
- Taking the Journeys Outside
- Planning Your Troop’s First Campout
- Camp Hacks Videos on Girl Scout You Tube channel
Early Bird Renewal is Coming!
- In mid-April, Early Bird membership renewal will kick-off! From an exclusive event and free t-shirt for girls who renew their membership during Early Bird, to troop and service unit incentives, there’s a whole lot to get excited about. Keep an eye on The Bridge and the April Volunteer Newsletter for more information!
National Girl Scout Convention – G.I.R.L. 2017
- Every 3 years, Girl Scouts of the USA holds a Triennial business meeting. This year the business meeting will be in Columbus, Ohio, and will be followed by the interactive activities in an event called G.I.R.L. 2017. It is a one-of-a-kind gathering of girls and women from around the world. Girl Scouts is taking the lead by working with high school girls across the nation to plan the multi-day event for all girls and those who care about them. The event will bring together more than 10,000 people—Girl Scout members, supporters, speakers, entertainers, and exhibitors—to inspire girls to get active in their communities and build a better world.
- Check out all the news at the G.I.R.L. 2017 website – from here you can see what is being planned and register for the event. Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors can also register to join the council on a travel opportunity to the event! You can take a look at the 2014 National Convention in Salt Lake City in 2014 here on YouTube!
Volunteer Recognitions at Circle of Excellence
- We are thrilled to report that more than 70 volunteers were nominated to receive special recognition this year! Many of these will be awarded at the Circle of Excellence event on April 22 in Ames. It is exciting to see peers nominating each other for their dedication! Registration is open now for Circle of Excellence – the event will be FREE for all current Girl Scout members (girls and adults), and $15 per non-member – please note that registration is still required for all, even if you do not need to pay a registration fee. Register now on our website Event List! (Registration Closes April 11.)
Share Your Year-End Celebrations With Us!
- The Cookie Program has flown by, and that means that troops and service units will soon be planning end-of-year celebrations. We would love to celebrate your accomplishments with you and your girls! Please share with us the date, time, & location of your service unit Court of Awards, Bridging Ceremony, or end-of-year event by emailing email@example.com. We can’t wait to hear from you! Please let us know if you have any additional end-of-year questions. Thank you for all that you do!
Girl Scout Q&A
Q:When will our troop’s final auto-withdrawal for cookies be taken out of the troop bank account?
A: The final auto-withdrawal will take place on April 4, 2017. Troop proceeds will remain in your troop bank account.
Q: When will my troop receive our cookie Recognition Orders?
A: Troop Product Managers will receive Recognition Orders from your Service Unit Product Chair by the end of April. Cookie Dough will be sent to each family directly.
Q: What can Cookie Dough & Munch Money be used towards?